Intro to Kanban – Supercharge Your Workflow
Tuesday, August 22nd | 6:30 – 8:30p | $15 ($12 if you bring a friend)Save My Spot
Whether you’re working on a personal project, a new startup, or a product at a large company, Kanban is a flexible and lightweight way to visualize and manage day-to-day work so that you can stay focused and productive.
In this workshop, we’ll explore:
- Kanban – We will dive deep into Kanban, a framework that is commonly used in Lean Startups, that helps you visualize what you need to get done and keeps you focused on the most important things
- Trello and other tools for managing your work
Who it’s for
While the fundamentals of Kanban can be applied by any individual for their personal work, it is especially useful for Entrepreneurs, UX Designers, Developers, Product Managers, Project Managers, and anyone working with teams to deliver value.
What We Will Cover
- What is Kanban and where does it come from?
- What are the core principles?
- How is it used?
- Brief intro to the Product Development Lifecycle
What You Will Learn
- How to visualize and refine your current workflow
- How to split-up / break down work into smaller, more manageable pieces
- Basic prioritization and planning
- Kaizen / Continuous Improvement
- Work-in-progress limits to help you stay focused
- Bottleneck identification to get more done, faster
- Using data to better plan and predict successful outcomes
What to bring
Laptop (optional, but will be useful to follow along as we discuss Trello)
7-8:30p: Intro to Kanban Workshop